Monday, March 7, 2011

intro

I cannot keep a plant alive. On one of our first dates, my husband gave me mums to plant in the pots on my front porch. Within a month they were dead. Luckily, the relationship outlasted the mums. To replace the mums, my mom planted ivy in the pots, stating "who can kill ivy?"
I can kill ivy. I even keep two orchid pots in my office, with the brown stems, to remind myself why my husband will never deliver flowers to me at work again:


So, naturally I was surprised when he told me he wanted to plant a garden, and to put me in charge of it. Who can resist the idea of fresh, homegrown tomatoes straight from your own backyard in the summer? I thought it might create some funny moments that I'd want to remember, and I've been interested in starting a blog, so we'll see how it goes! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment